Friday

Lux Low


My latest velo-obsession with turn of the century path-racer style bikes lead me to Lux Low.

While I may not agree with all their choices, (tire size & rims, for instance), their frames are making me drool. One of these old bikes belongs under me, I think!

More and more of the bike folks I'm learning about are concerned with sustainability and environmental issues, and about promoting cycling for day to day living (not just recreation).

I think restoring & modernizing old bikes so they can be ridden (as opposed to just laying in a scrap heap or hanging on a collector's wall) is a great way to sustain and promote cycling. It's cool that these old bikes can be used and showed off - probably make more folks aware of a little cycling history as well.

Stay tuned for a post about my low budget Relic project bike!